Vincenzo Rosciglione came to the United States in 1898 from Palermo, Sicily. He opened the first Italian Bakery in downtown St. Louis at 1011 North 7th Street. The bakery was well received by the large Italian community in the downtown area known as "Little Italy".
Vincenzo's son, Francesco, still in Sicily studying under a famous pastry and sugar artist, was sent for at the age of 16. He and his wife, Cosimina, ran the well established bakery until his death in 1949. After working under the tutelage of his father for many years, Peter and his wife, Rose, took over the bakery.
The bakery left downtown St. Louis in 1969 and opened in Dellwood, Mo. where it remained until 1997. Rosciglione Bakery then moved to it's present location in St. Charles, Mo. where it continues to be family owned and operated by 4th generation, Francesco Peter Rosciglione.
Rosciglione Bakery continues to offer the old world style of baking where families have come to value it as "not just a bakery - but a tradition".